Not sure what file rails you need for your Hon cabinet? Not certain if the cabinet you need file bars for is even made by Hon? Our helpful Hon replacement file bar tutorial will help you figure out which hanging file rails you will need for your lateral Hon drawers. Whether you have a 30″, 36″, or 42″ cabinet from Hon, we will help you get the correct bars for side to side filing for your file folders.
Please click below to purchase Hon hanging file bars on our website:
If you have any questions, please contact us at
This video is to help you to determine if the cabinet you need hanging file rails or file bars for is a Hon LATERAL cabinet and if you need the Old Style or New Style Hon File bars. It is brought to you by Office Replacement Parts Company and http://FileRail.com
Let’s start with diagnostics
1. is your cabinet Metal?
2. Is your cabinet wide and either 30″, 36″, or 42″ wide?
3. Does your cabinet say Hon on it?
4. If the cabinet has no name, the lock code can help identify whether you have a Hon file cabinet.
Many codes on Hon cabinet locks start with the numbers 101 through 225 or 301 – 450 followed by a dash then a letter such as E,N,H,R,S, or T. Some lock codes will actually say HON on them.
It may be useful to go on a replacement key website and look up your key code to confirm. Easykeys.com is a good resource for that.
5. Are you looking to file left to right aka side to side?
If you answered yes to these questions, then let’s move on to Old VS New Style for Hon lateral file bars portion. If you’re not sure who manufactured your cabinet, please contact us here: http://www.filerail.com/contact-us/
Things to look at.
1. You want to file left to right when the drawer is open.
2. Look at the hooks of the old and new bar. The OLD bar has 1 single hook towards the top of the rail. The New Style Bar has a bend that spans the lower half of the bar. There is also a notch at each end of the bar.
3. You must then take a look at the slits on the left and right wall of your drawer. If the slit is just one slit in a vertical plane, then you need old style Hon bars. If the slit looks like a lower case letter b or d, then you need new style Hon bars.
You can order by visiting http://filerail.com Just select the Hon category, choose the style you need, and the size option is based on the OUTSIDE width of your cabinet. So you will choose 30″, 36″ or 42″. The actual bars will be shorter than those dimensions.
We hope you found this video useful, For more info on file bars and file rails please visit us at http://filerail.com. Have a great day!